Wednesday, January 14, 2009

America's Teen Takes New York City!





January 11-13, 2009 I had the most wonderful time pursuing my wishes, hopes, dreams, and goals in New York City, NY!
One of my ambitions while vying for the crown of Beauties of America's Teen was one of my personal goals of attempting to attend the New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts; School of Film and Television in New York City! I achieved the next step in my quest for life in New York with a one on one personal audition for the school on Monday January 12! The school was so unbelievable! The staff was more than friendly and accomodating, the dorms were so nice (especially the orange hall with the beautiful tile bathrooms!!) Charlie F, my admissions coordinator is one of the nicest people I have ever met and he really made me feel comfortable!

I finally got the opportunity to go see my dear friend and New York agent Charlie Winfield at FunnyFace Today Inc. It was so great to see the person that gave me the very first opportunity to get to New York in the summer of 2007 and be a working model in New York City! I will never forget the basics that I learned that year and how it helped to mold me into the person that would eventually become America's Teen!

Hamza Hamza!! I love him! Hamza is a New York photographer and film producer, director, and friend! I met him last summer and we shot on the Jersey Shore during my 4th of July vacation. We collaborated and made some great images, and on this trip he was so kind to be my body guard, my taxi driver, and the best teacher of what New York living is really all about!
Hamza introduced me to Juniors Cheesecake....I had no clue it was sooooo good!
I had my picture taken on the "Bull", turned a giant "Cube", visited the United Nations Building, as well as Ground Zero, played in the remains of the "snow", and visited Brooklyn and crossed over to New Jersey to see the New York skyline in all its glory! Thank you Hamza for treating America's Teen truly like royalty!! It was awesome!

Next time you are in New York, you've got to try the melt in your mouth steak at "Old Homestead Steakhouse", also compliments of Hamza! That was the best steak I have eaten in my life! We had a great time staying at the Milford Plaza and spending our last day shopping in Times Square and making a couple of special appearances at "Bubba Gump Shrimp Co" and the "ESPN Zone"!

One of the other many highlights of my amazing New York trip was the Horse and Carriage ride through Central Park the last night of our stay provided as a super surprise from Hamza. The park was so very beautiful with the ice covered snow on the ground, the frozen ponds, the beautiful icy trees and the simple sound of the horse pulling me in my white carriage with red velvet seats, while bundled up in a toasty warm fur blanket.

This amazing adventure made my fairy-tale year as America's Teen even more special than I could have ever imagined! New York, get ready, here I come!!!

Til my next adventure....it's Laurie Kimsey, America's Teen 2008

No comments: