Sunday, September 28, 2008

Everybody's Day 100th Celebration










"There's no place like home" is quoted from the famous Wizard of Oz, but in my opinion after the opportunity to return to my birthplace this past weekend for Everybody's Day, the quote is proven once again! On September 27, 2008 I had the opportunity to represent Beauties of America at the 100th anniversary of Everybody's Day in Thomasville NC. The day began with arriving in downtown Thomasville, the site of the famous BIG CHAIR to smell the aroma of food, hear the laughter of fun, and see people from my past that made the day unforgettable and so amazing! Thomasville is a small furniture factory town that is known worldwide for its high end furniture line. To me, it's just home. At the festival I had the privilege to see my old best friend Jamie Mashburn from elementary school and get a hug from my old boyfriend Jake Huneycutt! I met a lady I had heard so much about named Rotha Hanner! Rotha is the director of the NC Model Pageant. I met her current queens and listened intently as she told me about my Mom, Sabrina Todd, Miss NC Model 1990! Later that day I met the Little Miss Thomasville Queens. This was incredible as I had been crowned Little Miss Thomasville in 2000, and later crowned Majestic Miss Thomasville in 2002! I was the first girl to win Majestic as a 10 year old, the first year you are eligible to compete as Majestic!

Miss Hanner has invited me to attend her state pageant 2009, and I really look forward to it!

Overall it was another amazing opportunity through the Beauties of America crown!

Laurie Kimsey, America's Teen 2008

No comments: