Friday, September 12, 2008

9/11 Memorial, NMB, SC




Tonight, 9/11/08 I participated in the 9/11 Candlelight Memorial Vigil. It was such a beautiful Patriotic service. As America's Teen I had the opportunity to be a flag holder and wear one of the 2,974 glow lights distributed in honor of those who lost their lives in the Twin Towers 9/11/01. From bag pipes and color guards to Senator Elliott and Mayor Hatley's patriotic speeches, the night was not complete until the grand finale on the beach. As blue and red glow lights lined up in hundreds in two groups on the beach, two firemen in uniform walked a memorial wreath in honor of 9/11 into the ocean. As they walked into the rolling waves under the moonlight and glow of red and blue lights, there was such an emotional tug at my heart for those that have lost their lives in 9/11 and war since in order to protect our country including me. A police watercraft then pulled the wreath out to sea with onlookers watching intently. I was so proud to be standing there with America's Teen crown and sash across me thinking, God bless the USA and thank you for the opportunity to live and be an American.

No comments: