Thursday, September 11, 2008

beach, boogie, and bbq




On Saturday August 30, 2008 I attended the Beach, Boogie, and BBQ Festival in Myrtle Beach, SC. This was my first official appearance as Beauties of America's Teen 2008! It was such an amazing day! When I arrived I was totally amazed at how wonderful the barbecue smelled as I walked into the festival and how crowded it was at just 9:00 am on a Saturday! There were car shows, a kids zone to play in, adorable pets from the Grand Strand Humane Society for adoption, and free pontoon rides for all guests! I had a great time supporting the Rape Crisis Center as I wore one of their bandanas in my skirt pocket, the Shriners were raffling off a new Mustang, and free Fuze drink samples! I especially enjoyed meeting Austin Peck from the soap opera "As the World Turns". He was so funny! In one of my pics you can see me teaching him how to pose for the camera like a National Queen! lol....it was hilarious! It was a fantastic day full of food, fun, and of course excellent charity events and opportunities to support various groups. What a great way to start my year as America's Teen!

No comments: