Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day 2009


Today is May 25, 2009....Memorial Day 2009.
This day is such a bittersweet holiday, especially for us remembering a specific Veteran today.
My thoughts, prayers, and love to all of you families and friends that are thinking about a special someone today and thinking about how so many men and women are out there fighting for our country....some that have dedicated their entire lives to the service of our country and others whose lives were shortened while sacrificing their lives for our freedom, safety and well-being.

As many of you know, that have read my blogs, my Uncle Jerry was in the military for over 20 years. He was my sponsor that helped me get into pageants, modeling, and acting. He paved the way for me to have the life that I have achieved to this point and for that I am so grateful. He was a Navy man, that until he passed in 2007 he always showed respect and love for our country. As I spend this Memorial Day in remembrance of the Veterans and those who allow us to live in the great USA I think of how lucky and blessed we all are to have such wonderful family, friends, acquaintances, and many men and women that have given their lives for our country.

My freshman year of high school, I was actually in the NJROTC, yes I really was! lol
I remember how proud Uncle Jerry was of me for signing up. He came to my ceremonies and meets. He even rented a limosine for my NJROTC friends and I to ride in to the Military Ball. So many of the ROTC members knew Uncle Jerry and appreciated his quiet discreet support of the club.
As I said before, this is a bittersweet holiday, so as I really miss my Uncle Jerry, I am so thankful for the Patriotism he taught me.

It is also a wonderful for appreciating my Dad, Brett....once a Marine always a Marine! Sempre Fi!!! The hamburgers, hot dogs, and fun in the sun are always pretty special and GREAT memories in the making!

So Happy Memorial Day everyone!
May it be a happy day of wonderful memories past as well as new memories for the future!!

Laurie Kimsey
America's Teen

No comments: