Sunday, March 8, 2009

America's Teen in the Bahamas

Hi All! It has been a few weeks since I've blogged because I've been traveling quite a bit. I was back in New York City watching the snow until flying home to prepare for a cruise to the Bahamas!
My latest adventure began by flying home from New York on Friday February 20th. Saturday the 21st, I was booked on a two day photo shoot with Mike Eaddy in Daytona Beach FL for a swimwear company. We had a great time, and I made some wonderful new friends in Daytona. Then on the 23rd I was setting sail from Miami FL aboard the Majesty of the Seas to Nassau Bahamas! Jennifer, the owner of Photo DuJour, photographed Beauties of America's Teen in the Bahamas and I can't wait to post the incredible crown and sash shots she produced. They are simply amazing, and I should have them soon. I shot with six photographers during the cruise in Nassau, Cococay Island, and Key West. I gave out my America's Teen business cards and autographs throughout the trip. I had a wonderful time and the children I met along the way were just beautiful. Even the police officers in Nassau let me direct traffic!
Thanks to Robert and Aerin Fenn, I had the opportunity to stay in St. Augustine following the cruise and enjoy some fantastic shopping at Prime Outlets.
The last stop on this amazing adventure was none other than a trip to the campus of the University of Florida! I met with some of the members of the UFL Crusades for Christ at a fundraising event for the group. They were having a fun filled day of athletic games and events. Everyone was super nice and seemed to enjoy having me around. Of course picking up some new Gator tees and other Gatorwear completed my day!
Now its a week of rest, before packing up and heading out on my next trip!

Until next blog....Later Gator!
Laurie Kimsey
America's Teen

No comments: